If you want to move the TV screen from a shelf or chest of drawers to the wall, you will need a TV stand. The TV on the wall will contribute to the more modern look of your home and add a touch of a modern minimalist interior. Amazon offers you the full selection of TV sets at the lowest prices.
Pay attention to the dimensions and type of TV you will mount, the square footage of the apartment or home, and the interior.
What are the benefits and do you need a TV stand ?
- Mounting the TV on a wall will save space, which is important if you live in a smaller apartment. Of course, you will mount at a height that suits you. The most important thing is that the TV gives you excellent visibility from all angles, so the TV must be set up correctly. The TV on the wall mustn’t disturb the aesthetics. The brackets are practical, stable, and affordable.
- You will get more space. For example, to place a TV on a classic stand, you need a flat surface and a shelf of certain dimensions, and everything is simpler with a wall. On the wall, when you install the TV, you can adjust the brackets to the height that suits you best.
- You will be safer if you have toddlers or pets in the room because the TV is at a certain height and fixed to the wall.
It is important to pay attention to the distance concerning the screen’s dimensions when installing. Place the TV opposite where you are watching TV. The height of the TV should be at eye level, between 90 and 115 cm from the floor.
What types of TV mounts are there?
You can choose: fixed, tilting bracket, hinged, ceiling, or floor.
- Fixed brackets are placed in a flat position only on the wall, i.e., very close to the border, leaving the image’s impression. You cannot adjust the viewing angle with them. The TV is fixed, and you will not be able to move it after installation. As you sit across from the TV, place it at eye level. That position will not suit the little ones because they will need a lower position. Also, pay attention to where the light source is in your home. You will not be able to avoid reflection on the TV if you set it up incorrectly. If you want to prevent the TV shelf and get more space in the room, this bracket is a good choice. They are also ideal for smaller rooms or offices, restaurants, or cafes.
Advantages: easy installation, stability, less space, and low cost. Design and color are not so important with a static carrier because the TV attached to it will cover it.
Disadvantages: inflexibility, inability to subsequently adjust the viewing angle.
- Sloping or tilt brackets are slightly more separated from the wall than fixed brackets. This is not so bad, because you will be able to hide something behind or mount it on the back of the TV. They can move at a certain angle, by 15 to 20 degrees. It is mounted above the standard viewing position to lower the screen tilt and provide a correct view of the TV. If you need to adjust the position of the TV in the room with this type of bracket, you will make a good choice. If you need to raise the TV high because you have a narrow and small space, the better option is a tilt bracket, not a fixed bracket. They are more suitable for TVs of smaller weights and dimensions.
- Articulated brackets are the most flexible. With this bracket, you will never have a problem positioning the TV. They can move completely to the right and left or be pushed forward. You can always adjust it to your current position to place the TV in a corner, for example. This carrier model is a good choice if the classic places for flat mounting are inaccessible or if you want to watch TV content from several angles and have a spacious living room. In that case, your gaze will follow the TV. With this holder model, you can easily adjust so daylight is not reflected directly on the screen. Articulated supports have various possibilities of rotation. The disadvantage may be that the bracket is quite far from the wall, so it may take up space that you would use for another purpose. If you have a small room and want to extend it visually, place the bed in the farthest corner from where the TV is located. Accessories and cables must be of good quality so that the cables, for example, do not tear or damage due to movement, and therefore they must be long enough.
Advantages: flexibility, screen tilt and viewing angle adjustment, easy rotation, and scrolling.
- Floor and ceiling supports are less used in apartments and have more professional applications. This can be an elegant solution, but it can bother looking out the window or at other objects. Certainly positioned screens like this will attract attention, and the room will look modern.
- Professional carriers move in all directions and are used mainly for conference rooms and the like.
What is the VESA standard?
The VESA standard is used when mounting flat screens, LCD, LED, and Plasma TVs. TV manufacturers install threaded holes on their backs if you want to mount the TV on a wall. The VESA dimensions represent the vertical and horizontal spacing between these openings. Before buying a bracket, you will determine what standard your TV is made of. Just measure the horizontal and vertical distance between the holes. That distance is expressed in millimeters.
If it is marked on the television stand that it is made for the standard 600 x 400, the horizontal distance between the openings on the back is 600 mm, and 400 mm is vertical. The most common VESA standards are: VESA 800 x 400, VESA 600 × 400, VESA 400 × 400, VESA 400 × 300, VESA 200 × 200.
- To make sure that the TV is mounted in the best place where there is enough space, before mounting the bracket on a wall, measure the size of the TV or monitor and the wall where you will hang it.
- Check the quality of the wall and ceiling on which you will mount the TV. You need to know what a wall is like to use the right dowels and screws for such a wall. For example, on gypsum substrates, you have to be careful and adjust the mounting kit to this material. Ensure the safety of your TV on the wall because if the dowels are smaller than those provided for your wall, your TV may fall.
- Check the load label on each bracket. Safety always comes first, so make sure your TV doesn’t weigh more than the maximum payload.
You will receive installation instructions with each TV mount, and of course, the precise specifications are listed. It would be best to firmly fix the TV to the bracket and the bracket to the wall.
You can find various types and models of carriers on Amazon . Choose: movable or static and fixed, of different material, size and design, with a slope, or not.